AuthOMath: Authoring online mathematics tasks
Official project website: https://www.authomath.org/
This project aimed to foster the development of innovative approaches to online and distance learning especially in primary and secondary education. In particular, the project aims at enabling teachers to create digital online learning material with multimodal, dynamic, and interactive elements, (GeoGebra) and with adaptive automatic feedback for use in hybrid settings.
The project provides an authoring tool (AuTo) and a didactic concept (DiCo) that teachers can use for creating digital online material in mathematics with multi-modal, dynamic, interactive elements in task formulation and automated, adaptive feedback. We combined two existing authoring tools that are well-established in the mathematics educational community. GeoGebra is an OER authoring tool for creating multimodal, dynamic and interactive mathematical applets, with an easy accessible user interface of widespread use in the mathematical educational community. STACK is an OER authoring tool for randomized mathematical tasks with automatic, answer-based feedback.
Combining GeoGebra and STACK is a promising approach to developing an authoring tool for letting teachers create high-quality content. This outcome will be achieved by providing the following project results:
- AuTo: An authoring tool for creating digital tasks with dynamic and interactive multi-modal elements and adaptive automatic feedback
- DiCo: A didactical concept for the design of such tasks that takes the relevant mathematics educational research into account
- Pädagogische Hochschule Heidelberg, Germany (Programme Country Institution)
- Johann Kepler Universität Linz, Austria (Programme Country Institution)
- Universidad de Cantabria, Spain (Programme Country Institution)
- University of Edinburgh United, Kingdom (Partner Country Institution)
- Geogebra GmbH, Austria (Associated Partner)
This site contains sample materials which illustrate the outcomes from the project.
- Activating feedback
- Relating factored equations to the area of a rectangle
- Eigenvectors in university linear algebra
- Providing formative feedback to linear equations
- Fractions as Part of One Whole
- Tangram tasks for pre-service teachers
- Randomly generating mathematical questions
- Example generation and educational research
|The project is co-funded by the EU
under the Erasmus+ Programme